What do you get when you work with me?
- Sennheiser 416 microphone
- Adobe Audition recording software
- Phone patch
- Source Connect Standard
- Acoustically-treated personal recording studio
- Files formatted in MP3, WAV, or AIF
- Delivered to you via Dropbox, WeTransfer, or FTP of your choice
- Very responsive and friendly communication
- Clear job quotes, 24-hour turnaround, and consistent professionalism
Q: Why do I need a professional voiceover? Can’t I just have someone in my office read the script?
A: Well you could, but my job as a professional voiceover talent is to make your product or service so tantalizing that customers will JUMP at the chance to purchase it! Can the guy in your office do that? Besides, I can get the job done right the first time and send it back to you within 12-24 hours in most cases. Easy, right?
Q: Can I even afford to hire a professional? I’m on a tight budget.
A: Why not let me put together a quote for you? Most people have a budget to work with, but advertising dollars are always well-spent. My rates are competitive and I know you will be happy with the final sound. Let me use my voice to make you money!
Q: What do I need to tell you about my project?
A: Here are the basics:
– Content of the message you’d like me to perform for you (the script)
– The style/emotion you want to read with (ie: warm & friendly, sultry, authoritative, conversational, etc.). If you’re not sure on this, I’ll interpret the style based on your content and target audience if you can provide that. Vocal direction is welcome–I want it to sound the way you imagine it!
– Time limit for the read (ie: 60-second commercial, 8-minute video, etc.). Be realistic, though. For example, if you can’t fit the content into about a minute for a 60-second spot, then I probably can’t do it either unless you’re looking for an auctioneer!
– Whether you are looking for “dry voice” (my voice only) or whether you need sound effects or music added to your project. This is important to know when I’m putting together your quote. “Dry voice” will cost you less than if you would prefer me to choose and edit in extra sounds and music.
– Approximate deadline. My goal is to get you an mp3 or WAV file within 12-24 hours but let me know if you’re in a crunch and I’ll see what I can do!
Q: Could you read a portion of my script before I hire you?
A: Sure! I’d love to give you a feel for how your final product is going to sound. Just send me a snippet to read and I’ll send a recording back to you ASAP.
Q: What if I decide to change the script after it’s been approved and recorded?
A: Well, that’s a case where I’ll have to charge a little bit extra. However, if you just prefer a slightly different style of delivery or something like that, I can certainly accommodate you as part of the original quote. Excellent customer service is important to me and I’m here to make you happy and keep working together in the future.
If you have any other questions at all, I would love to discuss them with you! I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 383-4145.
Though I love to travel, there’s no place like my home in Missouri. I was born and raised just north of Kansas City, and being a Midwest girl, I believe in hard work and authenticity. I’ve always been fascinated with people and I’m the kind of person who strikes up a friendly conversation with the cashier at the grocery store, or the guy standing next to me in a long line.
When I got to college and discovered that you can actually get a degree in communicating effectively with other human beings (who knew?), I couldn’t get signed up fast enough! Heading into my senior year, I had the crazy idea of becoming a TV advertising executive, so I landed an internship at a nearby cable station. One day, a producer asked me to read the script for a commercial and I suddenly discovered my passion for voice over! That was 10 years ago, and now here I am, recording in my home studio or with real people in their Kansas City area studios. When I’m not behind a microphone, I still hone my skills regularly by reading to my four young children or watching HGTV with my husband; when you’re in voiceover, the commercials become a lot more interesting! I love meeting new people through social media, so feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.