What do you get when you work with me?
- Sennheiser 416 microphone
- Adobe Audition recording software
- Phone patch
- Source Connect Standard
- Acoustically-treated personal recording studio
- Files formatted in MP3, WAV, or AIF
- Delivered to you via Dropbox, WeTransfer, or FTP of your choice
- Very responsive and friendly communication
- Clear job quotes, 24-hour turnaround, and consistent professionalism
Q: What do I need to tell you about my project?
A: Here are the basics:
– Content of the message you’d like me to perform for you (the script)
– The style/emotion you want to read with (ie: warm & friendly, sultry, authoritative, conversational, etc.). If you’re not sure on this, I’ll interpret the style based on your content and target audience if you can provide that. Or we can set up a directed section–I want it to sound the way you imagine it!
– Time limit for the read (ie: 60-second commercial, 8-minute video, etc.). Be realistic, though. For example, if you can’t fit the content into about a minute for a 60-second spot, then I probably can’t do it either without making it sound completely rushed and unnatural
– Approximate deadline. My goal is to get you an mp3 or WAV file within 12-24 hours, but let me know if you’re in a crunch and I’ll see what I can do!
Q: Could you read a portion of my script before I hire you?
A: Sure! I’d love to give you a feel for how your final product is going to sound. Just send me a snippet to read and I’ll send a recording back to you ASAP.
Q: What if I decide to change the script after it’s been approved and recorded?
A: Well, that’s a case where I may need to charge a little bit extra, depending on the length of the original project and how many changes we’re talking about. But if it’s just a few words/a couple of lines, I don’t typically charge for that. Excellent customer service is important to me, so I always go the extra mile to make you happy and keep you looking good in front of your client.
If you have any other questions at all, I would love to discuss them with you! I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 383-4145.
Though I love to travel, there’s no place like my home in Missouri. I was born and raised just north of Kansas City, and being a Midwest girl, I believe in hard work and authenticity. I’ve always been fascinated with people and I’m the kind of person who strikes up a friendly conversation with the cashier at the grocery store, or the guy standing next to me in a long line.
When I got to college and discovered that you can actually get a degree in communicating effectively with other human beings (who knew?), I couldn’t get signed up fast enough! Heading into my senior year, I had the crazy idea of becoming a TV advertising executive, so I landed an internship at a nearby cable station. One day, a producer asked me to read the script for a commercial and I suddenly discovered my passion for voice over! That was over 10 years ago, and now here I am, recording in my home studio or with real people in their Kansas City area studios. Even when I’m not behind a microphone, I still hone my skills regularly by reading to my four young children or watching HGTV with my husband–when you’re in voiceover, the commercials become a lot more interesting! I love meeting new people through social media, so feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.